To make cannabutter, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Decarboxylate the cannabis by spreading it evenly on an oven-safe tray and baking it in an oven at 245°F for 40 minutes. In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the decarboxylated cannabis and water to the melted butter and stir to combine. Simmer the mixture over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer into a heat-safe container, discarding the plant matter. Let the mixture cool completely and then refrigerate it until the butter solidifies. Remove the solidified butter from the container and discard any remaining water.
Enjoy your homemade cannabutter!
There are several reasons why someone might choose to make cannabutter at home:
- Control over ingredients: Making cannabutter at home allows you to control the quality and potency of the ingredients used. You can choose high-quality cannabis strains and organic, unsalted butter to make the cannabutter.
- Cost-effective: Making cannabutter at home can be more cost-effective than buying pre-made products from a dispensary.
- Customization: You can make cannabutter in different strengths to suit your specific needs. This allows for greater flexibility and customization.
- Convenience: Making cannabutter at home means you can have it readily available whenever you need it, without having to make a trip to the dispensary.
- Enjoyment: Making cannabutter can be a fun and rewarding experience for those who enjoy cooking and experimenting with new recipes.